SI BEHAVIORAL NETWORK , INC.
SUPPORTED HOUSING PROGRAM
The unifying principle of Supported Housing is that individual options in choosing preferred long term housing must be enhanced through:
Increasing the number of affordable options available to recipients.
- Ensuring the provision of community supports necessary to assist recipients in succeeding in their preferred housing and to meaningfully integrate recipients into the community.
- Separating housing from support services by assisting the resident to remain in the housing of his choice while the type and intensity of services vary to meet the changing needs of the individual.
Our program is an approach which will create housing opportunities for people through development of a range of housing options, community support services, rental stipends, and recipient specific advocacy and brokering. As such, this initiative encompasses community support and psychiatric rehabilitation approaches.SI Behavioral Network, Inc. has over 115 beds in extremely nice settings on Staten Island for clients who have been long stay clients in a state psychiatric center and/or are currently in OMH licensed Apartment Programs.
Requirements for admission are:
- An HRA 2010 E
- Level I community care approval
- A referral for case management (if they don’t already have an SIBN case manager).
- Clients pay 30% of their income for rent.
- Clients must be able to live independently